Reading has been part and parcel of my life since childhood days. I started reading journey construing Tinkle magazines when I was 8 year during my summer vacation trip to my Nani House. It was 3 days train journey and then it became a ritual every vacations.
From reading magazines I moved to super hero stories and then autobiographies, love stories, thriller, self- help books everything gripped my attention.
When I read something good I create an imaginary world of my own but today it is the age of digitalisation. Everything is becoming easy and therefore most of stories are converted into movies already. Watching a movie is a good idea for non- readers or busy people and also for readers who are so much involved in their characters that they don’t want to miss any follow up stories related to their favourite stories. ( The latter is bookworm like me )
Being a booklover reading will always be first for me. However watching movies based on books can count as my second source of entertainment where I judge my imaginary skills and think is it the same world that I created in my thoughts while reading which the director borne in movie?
Here are a few of my favourite books which I want to see as movies in the nearly future –
1. Becoming by Michelle Obama – I read this autobiography recently and enjoyed reading the story of Michelle as a fighter since childhood.
- The Fault In Our Stars ( with Indian Cast )
- Ruskin Bond books – I believe Ruskin Bond books on children and life can bring out great movies. His books always takes me close to nature, makes me notice the beauty around me which is ignored by many of us.
- Roald Dahl Books – Again I love children books. It is my favourite genre and I want to see their fiction turned into movie. He was a Magical writer.
- Life Is What You Make It By Preeti Shenoy – Books on self-help can make out good movies because reading a book when stressed isn’t always easy.
- Shiva Trilogy and Shree Ram Chandra series by Amish Tripathi – I believe like Bahubali these series can be converted into blockbuster movies by Bollywood if used as wisely and creativity as written by the author.
There are a lot more books which would make good movies; the list is never ending so I am just summing up the post sharing few of my favourite movies based on books. These are A Walk to Remember, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, The Fault In Our Stars, Matilda etc.